As part of a complete rebranding campaign leading into the Elmhurst Chamber of Commerce & Industry’s Centennial Celebration in 2018, the newly redesigned and re-platformed version of our website went live on July 31.
The Chamber’s new “responsive” website is built on a WordPress platform and will automatically adjust pages to fit the size, platform and orientation of any accessing device—from smart phones to tablets, from computer laptops to desktops.
Website redevelopment was contracted to Chamber member SMB Advantage Group. First created in January of 2000, elmhurstchamber.org morphed into a content management mix of ChamberMaster modules (member directory, events calendar, job postings, news and more) and Joomla! pages displayed within a template developed by SMB.
Features of the new website include the following:
- Under the home page logo (also new) and drop-down search categories, there is a banner photo with text box overlap. The photo element is designed to be changed out quarterly, while the text element (starting out with the Chamber’s Mission Statement) can be changed more frequently;
- Under the banner photo, there are six informational modules that will draw content from the Chamber News and Community News modules, as well as President’s Messages and Photo Pages;
Access to the online membership directory will be done via a user-friendly “Smart Search” module, eliminating the need for a half-dozen or so quick links such as restaurants, entertainment, retail shopping, etc.;
- There are modules for both the Upcoming Chamber Events and Chamber News & Notes;
- There are three “Don’t Miss These Items” modules that will be used to highlight a member, recruit new members, and promote holidays and other special events in our community; and
- The home page footer provides an expanded look at the search categories listed in the header.
Always a work in progress, our website now employs user-friendly technology.