OAK BROOK - The DuPage Convention and Visitors Bureau (DCVB) today announced the backbone of its new strategic plan which calls for better internal cooperation between all tourist related organizations, new and better integrated product offerings and stronger outreach to both the business and leisure tourism markets. "GPS: A Tourism Roadmap" was unveiled during the DCVB annual state of the industry meeting. The plan underscores that greater collaboration among the 38 communities in the country is critical if DuPage is to capture new market share and grow in the future. Also critical is a unified and recognizable image of DuPage county.
The York Distinguished Alumni Program (YDAP) Committee announces its 2016 Dukes of Distinction honorees. YDAP was created to recognize York Community High School alumni who have distinguished themselves through significant and/or extraordinary accomplishments, service and/or an outstanding contribution to society. This is the fourth “class” of inductees, bringing the total to 30. On Thursday, November 3, the following Dukes of Distinction for 2016 will be honored:
The Elmhurst Symphony Musicians in Performance at Mayslake series opens its season with “Clarinetissimo” at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, November 17, 2016, at Mayslake Peabody Estate, 1717 W. 31st St. in Oak Brook. Enjoy the artistry of Elizandro Garcia-Montoya and Stephen Alltop in the beautiful setting of Mayslake as they collaborate in a program of dazzling works for clarinet and piano. Listeners will enjoy Schubert’s Arpeggione Sonata. the Three Preludes of George Gershwin, and delightful Spanish and opera-inspired pieces that will show the clarinet’s full expressive and virtuosic capabilities.
- Come Experience an Insider's View of Elmhurst College
- Elmhurst Symphony Orchestra Presents “Brass Fanfare II” November 13; Veterans to Be Honored
- Celebrate Halloween with a Free Showing of “Hotel Transylvania 2” at York Theatre!
- Guild artists exhibit new works in Fall Member Show
- The Elmhurst Jaycees are accepting nominations for their 65th Distinguished Service Award (DSA)
- Focus 205 Phase 2 Continues
- Elmhurst History Museum Fall Open House: Churchville Schoolhouse
- GreenMan Theatre Troupe “Born Yesterday” Opens Friday September 23
- In Her Own Right: Marion Mahony Griffin
- "Born Yesterday" Opens GreenMan Season