Bethel United Church of Christ will present The Oriana Singers on Saturday, December 3rd at 7 p.m., as part of its Music@Bethel Concert Series. The critically acclaimed six-voice a cappella group will perform selections ranging from 15th century carol Nowell: Out of Your Sleep Arise and contemporary Christmas favorites such as The Christmas Song, to an innovative arrangement of Jingle Bells. The program will also feature compositions by Michael Praetorius, Guillaume Costeley, Philip Lawson and John Rutter.
Walk ins are welcome, but for faster consideration we will schedule interviews with job seekers who have already applied, passed the assessment and been confirmed by a Recruiter. In the Referral Source section of the application, candidates should indicate they heard about this event.
OAK BROOK - The DuPage Convention and Visitors Bureau (DCVB) today announced the backbone of its new strategic plan which calls for better internal cooperation between all tourist related organizations, new and better integrated product offerings and stronger outreach to both the business and leisure tourism markets. "GPS: A Tourism Roadmap" was unveiled during the DCVB annual state of the industry meeting. The plan underscores that greater collaboration among the 38 communities in the country is critical if DuPage is to capture new market share and grow in the future. Also critical is a unified and recognizable image of DuPage county.
The York Distinguished Alumni Program (YDAP) Committee announces its 2016 Dukes of Distinction honorees. YDAP was created to recognize York Community High School alumni who have distinguished themselves through significant and/or extraordinary accomplishments, service and/or an outstanding contribution to society. This is the fourth “class” of inductees, bringing the total to 30. On Thursday, November 3, the following Dukes of Distinction for 2016 will be honored:
- Wild Abundant Life Announces Merge with NEXT Yoga
- The Elmhurst Symphony Musicians Open it's Season With "Clarinetissimo"
- Come Experience an Insider's View of Elmhurst College
- Elmhurst Symphony Orchestra Presents “Brass Fanfare II” November 13; Veterans to Be Honored
- Celebrate Halloween with a Free Showing of “Hotel Transylvania 2” at York Theatre!
- Guild artists exhibit new works in Fall Member Show
- The Elmhurst Jaycees are accepting nominations for their 65th Distinguished Service Award (DSA)
- Focus 205 Phase 2 Continues
- Elmhurst History Museum Fall Open House: Churchville Schoolhouse
- GreenMan Theatre Troupe “Born Yesterday” Opens Friday September 23