In a musical feast for lovers of the Baroque, the Elmhurst Symphony Orchestra presents “1-2-3-4 Baroque” at 3:00 p.m. on Sunday, January 22 at Elmhurst Christian Reformed Church. You will be taken on an adventure through the genre of the Baroque concerto in this program featuring concertos for one, two, three and even four soloists. The program opens with Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach’s Sinfonia No. 3 in A major, followed by J. S. Bach’s Concerto for Harpsichord in A major and Vivaldi’s Concerto for Two Cellos in G minor. Concluding the program are J. S. Bach’s Concerto for Flute, Violin and Harpsichord and Vivaldi’s Concerto for Four Violins.
18th annual exhibition supports arts education with tours and scholarships for students
ELMHURST, Ill., December 21, 2016 – In January, Elmhurst College celebrates the work of young artists and public school art programs from around the Chicago area during the 18th Annual High School Art Exhibition.
The Elmhurst Symphony Orchestra Musicians in Performance at Mayslake series continues its season with Concerto Mania—Vivaldi and Bach at 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, January 14, 2017, at Mayslake Peabody Estate, 1717 W. 31st St. in Oak Brook.
Spirito! announces auditions for the 2017 Spring session for the Men of Spirito!, a choral group composed of men eighteen years of age or older who embrace Spirito!’s mission of fostering a love of chorale music through service and performance. “We are looking for a few good men!” said Molly Lindberg, Artistic Director of the Spirito! Singers. “If you can carry a tune, we will teach you the rest!”
- Lexington Health Care of Elmhurst Celebrating 25 Years of Excellence!
- Colorful abstracts by Holly Cohn displayed in Elmhurst art show
- The Oriana Singers to Perform at Bethel UCC
- Share Your Passion for Innovation: AT&T is Hiring Retail Sales Consultants!
- Better collaboration called for to grow $2.5 Billion tourism business in DuPage
- York Distinguished Alumni Program
- Wild Abundant Life Announces Merge with NEXT Yoga
- The Elmhurst Symphony Musicians Open it's Season With "Clarinetissimo"
- Come Experience an Insider's View of Elmhurst College
- Elmhurst Symphony Orchestra Presents “Brass Fanfare II” November 13; Veterans to Be Honored